Prolotherapy is the treatment name where an injection of an irritant solution is injected into the damaged joints, ligaments, and tendons. Knee Osteoarthritis is also known as OA in short form. Nonsurgical treatments like Prolotherapy are encouraged for suffering patients, as there are innumerable risks related to surgeries. Wedged insole, intra-articular interjection, and Analgesic medicine are some of the other non-surgical treatments.
The Significance of Prolotherapy Injection:
- Prolotherapy is an ideal treatment for chronic musculoskeletal pain.
- Prolotherapy is also popularly known as Regenerative injection therapy worldwide.
- In this treatment, the body itself undergoes a healing procedure.
- Prolotherapy is a treatment that can be conducted even when the patients are working.
- The treatment is thus considered to be safe, viable, and pocket-friendly as well.
- It is a safe alternative procedure for dangerous surgeries and their after-effects.
Advantages of Prolotherapy Injection for Knee Osteoarthritis:
- Prolotherapy patients observe profound relief from pain, function, and muscle stiffness.
- Reduced pain and stiffness along with improved strength, function, and mobility of the joint.
- Also, an increase in the strength of ligaments and other tissues is observed.
- It is a minimally invasive regenerative therapy. It is a safe alternative procedure to pain relievers and anti-inflammatory medications, and surgeries.
- The adverse effects as compared to the success rates are considerably low.
- Undergoing surgery can have a drastic effect on overall health; therefore, opting for Prolotherapy is a much better option.
Consult Dr. Vikram Rajguru for further discussion. He is one of the Knee osteoarthritis treatments in Pune.