Prolotherapy is also called “Regenerative Injection therapy.” Prolotherapy treatment has shown unmatched results in alleviating chronic musculoskeletal pain. Globally there has been an increasing medical interest in this treatment. This treatment helps the patient to heal naturally and lead a healthy lifestyle ahead of the treatment.
Before proceeding to how prolotherapy works and what conditions it treats, it is important to get a clear idea about prolotherapy—discussed below.
What is Prolotherapy in clinical practice?
- It is a safe alternative procedure for dangerous surgeries and their after-effects.
- Prolotherapy is a treatment that is used to heal innumerable diseases.
- It is a minimally invasive regenerative therapy.
- A considerable and proportionate amount of an irritant or sclerosing solution is injected into the damaged ligaments, tendons or joints.
- Thereby, the body itself initiates the healing procedure.
- Prolotherapy is a treatment that can be conducted even when the patients are working.
- The treatment is thus considered to be safe, viable and pocket-friendly as well.
How Prolotherapy Treatment Work?
- The treatment usually spans out from 3 months to six months. In every individual session, 4 to 15 shots are given to the patients.
- After several Prolotherapy treatment sessions, patients experience reduced pain and improved muscle and joint strength, stability, flexible movement and function.
Condition it treats
- Extreme Joint pain, back pain, neck pain
- Tendinitis and Whiplash
- Degenerative disc diseases
- Pain in the ankle and the knee
- It also treats Meniscal tears and Osteoarthritis
The severity and prevalence of each condition are highly dependent on age and medical history. Consult Dr. Vikram Rajguru as he is India’s first Interventional Regenerative Orthopaedic and OrthoBiologics surgeons in India. His clinic in Hadapsar, Pune, is India’s first clinic dedicated to practicing regenerative procedures like Prolotherapy is an Orthopaedic clinical setting.
This gives Dr. Vikram Rajguru an expansive subject matter and ability that benefits his patients generally. Through his aptitude, he has assisted numerous patients with returning to a dynamic way of life by giving agony resolution and recapturing lost portability through noncareful just as careful treatment. He accepts to consistently give guidance that is equivalent to that which he would suggest for ourselves or our own family.