If you’re getting leg pain at night or at rest then this could be a Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS), also known as Willis-Ekbom disease. It is a neurological disorder that can cause discomfort and sleep disturbances, significantly impacting the quality of life for those who experience it.
It is caused by an irresistible urge to move the legs, often accompanied by uncomfortable sensations. These sensations are described as crawling, itching, tingling or burning, and they tend to worsen during periods of rest or inactivity, particularly in the evening and at night. Moving the legs temporarily relieves these sensations, but the relief is often short-lived, leading to a restless and disruptive cycle, especially during sleep. It can also lead to fatigue and mood problems.
Causes and risk factors
The exact cause is unknown, but there are a number of factors such as:
1. Genetics: It is a hereditary condition, and people with a family history are more likely to develop it.
2. Low iron levels: Low levels of iron in the blood.
3. Other medical conditions: Such as pregnancy, kidney disease, diabetes and Parkinson’s disease.
4. Medications: Some medications, such as antidepressants, antihistamines, anti-nausea medications, can trigger or worsen the symptoms.
5. Lifestyle factors: Certain lifestyle factors, such as caffeine, alcohol and smoking.
Symptoms of RLS include
1. An uncontrollable urge to move the legs.
2. A feeling of restlessness in the legs.
3. A sensation of creeping, crawling or pulling in the legs.
4. The symptoms are worse at rest, especially in the evening or at night.
5. The symptoms are relieved by movement.
Traditional treatments for RLS are often ineffective
1. Exercise regularly: Exercise can help to improve circulation and reduce stress.
2. Get regular massages: Massages can help to relax the muscles.
3. Avoid caffeine and alcohol: Caffeine and alcohol can worsen the symptoms.
4. Take warm baths or showers: Warmth can help to relieve the pain.
5. Stretch your legs before bed: Stretching can help to relax the muscles and make it easier to fall asleep.
6. Talk to your doctor: If you are having trouble managing your pain, talk to your doctor. They may be able to prescribe medication that is safe for you.
Modern Treatments for RLS Which Can Cure Permanently
Regenerative Injection Therapy called SN-MERIT has been successfully used to treat restless legs syndrome (RLS). SN-MERIT is a tiny injection procedure involving the injection of regenerative solutions into affected CCI points over the skin. This safe and natural treatment has been developed by Dr. Vikram Rajguru and gained attention as a potential treatment option.
The goal is to stimulate the body’s natural healing response and reduce inflammation around affected nerves and blood vessels, SN-MERIT helps in removing the discomfort and urge.
This treatment is best accompanied by Shockwave treatment,
Extracorporeal Pulse Activation Technology (EPAT), also known as shockwave therapy, and EMTT has emerged as a non-invasive and safe treatment option. EPAT uses acoustic pressure waves to stimulate blood flow and promote tissue healing. While EMTT uses high-frequency electromagnetic waves which causes cell repair. Recent research suggests its potential in alleviating RLS symptoms.
Advantages of Shockwave and EMTT Therapy
1. It is a non-surgical treatment
2. No side effects
3. Reduces pain and discomfort
4. Improved blood circulation
5. Improves mobility
People with RLS might benefit from the excellent treatment provided by Dr. Vikram Rajguru, a regenerative orthopedic surgeon in Pune. Regenerative therapy, a part of his innovative therapy, has assisted many patients in overcoming their struggles with chronic pain. His specialized method designed specifically for people affected with RLS syndrome has shown remarkable success in easing the pain.
To learn more about regenerative treatments provided by the Prolotherapy clinic, Please contact us at 7507501241, 9049046867, 7507503736 or visit the website www.theprolotherapyclinic.com